Friday, May 8, 2009

Let's Go to Bailey Park

When John and I arrived home last Saturday night, we looked out the window and saw the empty space where a swingset once resided. It warmed us inside to know that it was highly likely that the little Bailey people were swinging on one of the swings, climbing up the rock wall or sliding down the slide. While John and I were on vacation, a crew of five guys (thanks to the volunteers) moved the swingset from our backyard to the Bailey's (newly named by Emma as "Bailey Park").

I have to say that John is not one to write about... well... anything much (besides love notes to me of course). Although I mentioned to him that I spoke to Anneli about how the kids were already enjoying the swingset and how Anneli described how Jack kept on pointing at the swingset when it was first installed, he wrote an email to Anneli and Damond with the following:

"Quick story about that swing set...when we purchased the house they wanted to take it and we told them we wanted it...for what reason we didn't know at the time, but now it is so clear. We are very happy that it made your children happy and will for many years to come. It was our complete pleasure to be able to help them through this time in their lives. I hope it brings joy and happiness and nothing else."

Damond responded and started off his email with:
"...this is a rarity for I never respond to these types of emails." No wonder they get along!

One amazing thing that we have not experienced in the different places we have lived is the amazing network of friends we have developed here in South Orange. Whether you have known them your whole life or just met them on the platform of NJ Transit, we are so pleased to report that we have found some of our closest friends in this area - people who will help you, in addition to keeping you in their thoughts, during your times of need and people who you will automatically just want to help during those times.

Our only regret was that the weather wasn't nicer during another weekend when we weren't on vacation so we can see the smiles on Emma and Jack-Jack's faces when they played for the first time in "Bailey Park."

No comments:

Post a Comment